Friday, June 12, 2009

Job Losses Linger


I'm taking off for Duluth, Minnesota later today to attend the state Rural Health Conference on Monday and Tuesday. Hope the weather is decent as it can be anywhere from 50 to 90 degrees in Duluth this time of year.

I should also mention that on Friday of next week (June 19) the Governor's Broadband Task Force is meeting in Grand Rapids, MN. This is the first time they are holding a meeting out in my neck of the woods (i.e. rural Minnesota), so I have agreed to coordinate the meeting. Two additional meetings in rural MN are scheduled for July and August in Mankato and Fergus Falls. As a member of the task force I can tell you that we are now at the stage where the rubber is meeting the road (some may suggest that the gloves are coming off). The reality is that the task force is comprised of folks from a variety of constituencies that don't always see things the same way. But in my view that's the way it should be. So if you around Grand Rapids next week, stop by and check out the Task Force at work. And here is my June article for Prairie Business Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment