Monday, June 17, 2013

The Last Post

As some may know on July 1, I will begin my new assignment as Dean of the College of Social Sciences, Mathematics & Education at the University of Tampa.  UT is a private university with an enrollment of 7,000 students located in downtown Tampa, Florida.

 It's a big change for The Rural Guy.  In fact, it's so big that I feel compelled to terminate the blog, as it seems a bit hypocritical to write a blog as The Rural Guy from the middle of a metropolitan area.  So to avoid the dissonance, this will be my last post.

I will greatly miss the sights, sounds and smells of rural Minnesota.  Many have already told me that I will most certainly return in a few years.  Maybe so; who knows? But I can say without hesitation that rural Minnesota has been a great place for me, my kids, my family and my career.

Until we meet again somewhere in rural Minnesota or along Florida's Gulf Coast; so long.

1 comment:

  1. Jack, it's really been a pleasure learning from you in the various ways over the years. You will be missed by many of us across the state. Thanks for your service.
    Sincerely,
    Ben Winchester

    ReplyDelete